Rev your engines and pray no one gets a blue shell: ‘Mario Kart’ is coming to smartphones! Find out when Nintendo is giving the green light to this mobile game and more!
Since 1992, Mario Kart has been a Nintendo staple. From its first release on the Super NES to the latest incarnation, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, on the Switch, gamers have been throwing turtle shells and cursing Rainbow Road for decades. Now, they’ll be able to take their love for the game on the road, as Nintendo announced Mario Kart is coming to smartphones! Mario Kart Tour is set to be released in the next financial year. That means the game could go live anywhere between April 2018 and March 2019, according to The Verge.
While waiting more than a year for Mario Kart Tour to start its engines seems extreme, but Nintendo probably wants to get it right. Remember the frustrations that some had over Pokémon GO’s glitches and delays? (Actually, does anyone remember Pokémon GO?) It seems like Nintendo doesn’t want to take a wrong turn in production and rush an unfinished product to the finish line. When Nintendo announced Super Mario Run at Apple’s iPhone 7 event in September 2016, they released it three months later in December, according to PC World, with an Android version hitting the Google Play store after that. It’s quite possible that a similar arrangement will happen again, with iPhone users getting a head start on their Android opponents.
There aren’t that many details available at the moment. Though Super Mario Run smashed download records, its “freemium” format – a handful of levels are free to pay but players have to fork $ 10 for the full game – was “less of a moneymaker for Nintendo than might have been expected.” Though, Nintendo has said it prefers a “pay-once-and-play” format rather than releasing a game with in-app purchases.
Mario Kart Tour will be Nintendo’s fifth mobile phone game. In addition to Super Mario Run, the company released Miitomo, a social networking game (which will be shutting down in May 2018, according to C-Net.) Nintendo will also release Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing games to mobile devices. Nintendo said their smartphone-related revenue was up $ 265 million in its nine-months earning report on Jan. 30. Expect that number to get higher when the green flag is waved on Mario Kart Tour.
Are you excited for the new mobile Mario Kart game, HollywoodLifers?
- Nintendo Tweets About Mario Kart Trending Before Realizing It’s Because Of Trump’s Penis
- 5 things you should know about Yoruba actor, Yomi Gold
- Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke has just defined the word ‘STYLE’ the way he understands it and it’s a beautifully worded and intelligently written piece. Read below… Whether I’m rocking an overpriced jacket on the streets of champs elysees or rocking rubber flip flops soaking up the adulation of the street in the slums of kibera, it matters none. Unshaven for weeks with morning breathe rocking a palm oil stained old tee telling bad jokes with my sisters in my man cave or well groomed in handmade rare leather loafers makes no difference. It changes nothing. I am the confluence of global cultural diversity. I’ve meticulously and resiliently self tutored its complexity into my DNA by trial and error. The originality is singular only the substance is duplicable. God tailored my entirety for one entity; ME. It’s a comprise far from not only what you wear. It is how you think. Your principles. Your choices; costs and effects. Your idiosyncrasy. It’s in the roots imbibed by the man that sired you and men that mentored you. Everything else around me is an Accessory. I am the essence. I give it life. No brand, address, tribe, race, religion, creed, or ideology can define me. God created me this way eternities before my birth. I cannot pretend to be anything else even if I wanted to. I’ve tried and failed woefully in the past. I am ridiculously comfortable and apt being me. Rules become inapplicable, even redundant. It’s an attitude. A way of life. Perception is the window. It’s orchestrated conditioning to misinform you by disinforming you. Find your purpose and be informed. It is your open weapon. I know people with $100 dollars budget walk into a room and everything stand still. I’ve seen people with $100k budget that make it look like a painful process and what is more cant hold a convo with a smart 8 year old. It can’t be bought. It is and will always be priceless. Once you’ve figured out this truth, you will strive for a reach beyond your grasp. A consciousness and profound understanding of self. It is the mastery of your space. Your individuality. Your flair. It’s in all of us whether dormant or dominant. Find it. Train it. Fail it. Win it. Own it. Ostracize it. This is STYLE. This is how I understand it. Now how friggin DOPE is that!
- Young Nigerian filmmakers go viral for shooting sci-fi movie with a smartphone
- Sam Faiers reveals when she’ll have MORE children after announcing her and boyfriend Paul Knightley will share a bed together soon