Ghanaian musician Ebony has passed away.
According to reports, the sensational Ghanaian dancehall musician, Ebony Reigns has died. The RuffTown Records musicians passed away in a car accident in Sunyani on Thursday night.
This was confirmed by the Ghana Police Service who spoke to Accra-based radio station, Joy FM.
Here are five things you should know about her.
1. Ebony, real name Priscilla Opoku-Kwarteng, was born and raised in Dansoman, a suburb of Accra.
2. She started her basic education at Seven Great Princess Academy in Dansoman, Accra followed by a high school education at Methodist Girls High School at Mamfe in the Akuapim North District of the Eastern Region, Ghana, though she did not graduate. She quit high school in pursuit of her music career.
3. Ebony was discovered by renowned musician and entrepreneur Bullet of Ruff n Smooth fame when she sent a recording of her voice and was signed to his Rufftown record label just a day after listening to the recording.
4. Ebony came out with her first single, “Dancefloor”, in December 2015 with a video and audio release. The song became a hit on radio landing her nomination for the unsung category at the 2016 Ghana Music Awards.
5. Ebony died on Thursday, February 9, 2017. The songstress had a fatal accident around 11 pm, on her way from Sunyani. Other media reports state that the artiste passed away while at the Becchem Government Hospital. The police commander stated that three other people – two ladies and a soldier who were with the female musician have also lost their lives.