Borussia Dortmund CEO, Hans-Joachim Watzke, has confirmed Arsenal have made a bid for striker, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
The Gabon international is tipped to become Alexis Sanchez’s replacement at the Gunners.
“I can confirm that there has been a first request from Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang,” Watzke told Ruhr Nachrichte on Saturday.
“We are not commenting on the sums that have been called from England since noon today,” he said.
Aubameyang had been left out of Dortmund squad with Arsenal already indicating interest in the forward.
Gunners Manager, Arsene Wenger, is reportedly ready to pay up to £60million for Aubameyang, who had scored 21 goals in 23 appearances in all competitions this season.