Reality TV star and author Angela Stanton opens up in this EXCLUSIVE preview of ‘The Raw Word’ about giving birth in jail and reveals she was handcuffed while in labor. Watch now!
Angela Stanton reveals on The Raw Word that she was four months pregnant with her daughter when she was arrested. “I ended up giving birth to my daughter handcuffed to a bed,” she says. “Literally handcuffed to a bed. One hand handcuffed to the bed. There was a sheriff there that I never saw before in my life. He just stood there and didn’t turn away not one time. It was a really humiliating experience, and I think it was meant to be.”
Angela admits she only got to spend 24 hours with her newborn daughter after she gave birth. She also says she barely had any contact with her daughter while she was in prison. “I saw her one time and she was 6 months old,” Angela continues. “One of my family members brought her to see me, and then I didn’t see her again until I came home, and it was horrible because she didn’t know who I was. She wouldn’t let me touch her. She wouldn’t let me hold her. She screamed at the top of her lungs. It was just a really, really hard process for me and all of my children to go through.” The BET reality star and Lies of a Real Housewife author was released from prison in 2005. Her daughter is 13 years old now.
Check TheRawWord.com for more information about the show and local listings. Dr. Michael Eric Dyson hosts the daily talk show, which recently launched a four week test run on select Sinclair affiliates, alongside co-hosts Claudia Jordan, psychologist Dr. Dan Ratner, and executive producer Ice-T will guest host a number of episodes.
- Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke has just defined the word ‘STYLE’ the way he understands it and it’s a beautifully worded and intelligently written piece. Read below… Whether I’m rocking an overpriced jacket on the streets of champs elysees or rocking rubber flip flops soaking up the adulation of the street in the slums of kibera, it matters none. Unshaven for weeks with morning breathe rocking a palm oil stained old tee telling bad jokes with my sisters in my man cave or well groomed in handmade rare leather loafers makes no difference. It changes nothing. I am the confluence of global cultural diversity. I’ve meticulously and resiliently self tutored its complexity into my DNA by trial and error. The originality is singular only the substance is duplicable. God tailored my entirety for one entity; ME. It’s a comprise far from not only what you wear. It is how you think. Your principles. Your choices; costs and effects. Your idiosyncrasy. It’s in the roots imbibed by the man that sired you and men that mentored you. Everything else around me is an Accessory. I am the essence. I give it life. No brand, address, tribe, race, religion, creed, or ideology can define me. God created me this way eternities before my birth. I cannot pretend to be anything else even if I wanted to. I’ve tried and failed woefully in the past. I am ridiculously comfortable and apt being me. Rules become inapplicable, even redundant. It’s an attitude. A way of life. Perception is the window. It’s orchestrated conditioning to misinform you by disinforming you. Find your purpose and be informed. It is your open weapon. I know people with $100 dollars budget walk into a room and everything stand still. I’ve seen people with $100k budget that make it look like a painful process and what is more cant hold a convo with a smart 8 year old. It can’t be bought. It is and will always be priceless. Once you’ve figured out this truth, you will strive for a reach beyond your grasp. A consciousness and profound understanding of self. It is the mastery of your space. Your individuality. Your flair. It’s in all of us whether dormant or dominant. Find it. Train it. Fail it. Win it. Own it. Ostracize it. This is STYLE. This is how I understand it. Now how friggin DOPE is that!
- Hollyoaks star Rachel Adedeji reveals name and first picture of her baby girl after giving birth to her first child in December
- Cher Lloyd's belly button pops out as heavily pregnant X Factor star reveals she's working one month before giving birth
- TOWIE star Amy Childs flaunts NAKED baby bump just weeks before giving birth – as she reveals she’s ‘SO much bigger’ during second pregnancy
- Vogue Williams reveals sensational post-baby body two weeks after giving birth to baby son Theodore