Charlie was tragically found dead by his housemate in March, after recording an episode of the dating show four months earlier in November 2016.
Charlie’s episode of Take Me Out aired on April 23 2017, with viewers expressing their condolences for the late contestant after watching him head on a date on the show.
Tweeting his 251k followers ahead of the show, Take Me Out host Paddy McGuinness wrote: “Tonight’s Take Me Out is in memory of Charlie.
“A fantastic lad who I’m sure will be greatly missed by his wonderful friends & family. RIP.”
And now, speaking to OK! Online at The Pride of Britain Awards, Paddy opened up about Charlie’s sad death after he took his own life.
Paddy said: “Obviously, making a TV show compared to something like that isn’t really significant.
Former Coronation Street and Cold Feet actress Melanie Hughes has died, aged 39, on 8 October [Rick Hughes/Twitter]
“What we did, we got in touch with Charlie’s dad, and said we won’t show the episode.
“And Charlie’s family just really wanted us to show the episode. It was hard to let people know on social media, as sometimes social media, you know what that’s like.
“People might make a comment, and not know what’s happened, so we just decided to let everyone know. And it was lovely to see.
“It was bittersweet for myself, as all the lads that come on I get to know across the day, and spend a lot of time with them.
“It was Charlie’s family, and their wishes, so that’s what we did.”