Car firm Suzuki have reportedly changed their minds about troubled TV presenter Ant McPartlin starring in their Saturday Night Takeaway ad deal.
The 42-year-old presenter and his co-host Declan Donnelly have fronted the hugely successfully £20million campaign since 2015 and are seen whizzing around in the cars – and giving them away to unsuspecting members of the public – during the ad breaks in their ITV show.
And following Ant’s arrest for drink driving on Sunday, it is now “very unlikely” that execs will allow him to get behind wheel for future endorsements.
Ant and Dec struck the deal with ITV and Suzuki two years ago, and it’s believed to be one of the biggest involving celebrities in British TV history.
An industry insider told The Sun: “Commercially it has been a big success for Suzuki, Ant, Dec and ITV – not to mention very lucrative.
“But unfortunately they are looking at the prospect of ending things for now.
Lisa Armstrong is pictured at Britain’s Got Talent filming after estranged husband Ant McPartlin’s charge for drink driving [Flynet]
“It’s possible Suzuki will retain a wider deal with the programme, but very unlikely Ant will appear in an ad for them again.”
Saturday Night Takeaway was thrown into chaos after its presenter ploughed into two other vehicles – one containing a four-year-old girl – in south-west London on Sunday.
Suzuki initially refused to cut ties with the programme and Ant – who failed a breathalyser test on the scene.
Suzuki has refused to comment on the latest claim that they may axe Ant, but they previously said they are in “dialogue” with ITV.
A spokesman said: “Suzuki will remain in dialogue with ITV and advise media when appropriate regarding the last two episodes.”
Ant will not be seen on Saturday Night Takeaway for the remainder of the series.