The first acts in Strictly Come Dancing 2018’s line up were finally revealed yesterday as Katie Piper, Faye Tozer and Danny John-Jules were confirmed as contestants.
Last week it was revealed that the first name for the 2018 Strictly cast would be officially announced on Monday 13 August, but was later confirmed that three different stars would be announced throughout the day.
The first name was revealed during Monday morning’s BBC Breakfast, with model and TV star Katie Piper being unveiled.
Katie – who rose to fame after starring in Katie: My Beautiful Face and talking frankly about being the victim of an acid attack and sexual assault – is said to have known about her appearance on the BBC show for “quite a while” but was forced to remain tight lipped about her involvement.
Speaking exclusively to OK! Online about signing up to the popular competition, which Joe McFadden won last year, a source close to Katie said that she was nervous to be showcasing her dance moves to the world.
“Katie is petrified but extremely excited to get going,” the insider said.
According to The Sun Capital FM DJ Vick Hope is the first confirmed contestant to be signed to the show [Getty ]
“The thought of dancing in front of a few million viewers is of course terrifying for her because she’s never done dancing before but will take on the challenge fully committed to trying to win that Glitterball.”
Speaking on BBC Breakfast as the news was announced, Katie said that her husband first thought she was joking when she told him the news.
Katie also confessed her struggle at keeping the news from friends and colleagues, while admitting her nerves ahead of the launch.
She told the hosts: “It’s been really hard with colleagues saying, ‘I’m getting married in October and I’d love for you to be there’.”
“I might be, maybe, hopefully not,” she added as she admitted her difficulty in not giving the game away.
Katie continued: “You know when you’re so excited about something you wanna share it with everyone.”