Nollywood actress, Stephanie Linus has at last reacted to allegations that she has a copyright infringement case to respond to over her much-acclaimed movie ‘DRY’.
Daniella Madudu had alleged that an associate of Stephanie Linus, pleasure Ndidi, stole and made a replica of her story and gave to Stephanie which she used as a script for the film. joy Ndidi in an past remark refuted that declare which Stephanie has now reacted to.
read Stephanie Linus’ remark beneath:
“personality assassination is without delay easier and surer than bodily assault; and it includes some distance less possibility for the murderer. It leaves him free to commit the identical deed time and again, and may certainly win him the honors of a hero within the u . s . of his victims.” – Alan Barth (1906 – 1979)
On the nineteenth of could, 2017, I obtained a letter from one Rafiu Bello performing on behalf of 1 Daniella Madudu accusing me of appropriation of an “authentic literary work” that was allegedly stolen from her by way of Ms. pleasure Ndidi (an allegation that has been roundly refuted), copyright infringement and all method of impropriety as relates my film ‘DRY’ and annoying that I credit score this Daniella Madudu with ownership of my work, pay the sum of N60,000,000 (SIXTY MILLION NAIRA) and royalties; or face a “marketing campaign of calumny”(which via the best way is already afoot) each dwelling and abroad.
Naturally, my preliminary reaction was to ignore it as one thing so ludicrous as to be able to to find firm footing in the mind of any commonplace or rightly pondering particular person and most effective routinely handed it onto my attorneys at a later date and idea nothing more of it.
They (my legal professionals), as a topic of course answered to it.
That these individuals have due to the fact that gone beforehand with their premeditated plan to defame me upon allegations they be aware of to be baseless, spurious and obviously unfaithful is no longer information because the media is right now awash with the ‘fruit of their labour’ and primarily I wouldn’t have dignified it with a response but for the sake of posterity and lest my silence be termed an admission of any wrongdoing by any means, i will simply proceed to state the information right here, viz:
- That when you consider that my undergraduate days at the university of Calabar, i’ve been very passionate and deeply all for Vesico Vaginal Fistula (VVF), the plight of the lady-youngster and sexual violence in opposition to the feminine gender.
- That in 2006 while still on crutches because of my ghastly automobile accident from the yr prior to, I volunteered with the Mercy Ships Aberdeen West Africa Fistula Centre (as it then was) in Sierra Leone all out of my very own private financial savings as this was and can all the time be a cause very dear to my heart.
- That in 2007/08 I visited the Mariam Abacha ladies and kids’s health facility, Sokoto where I in my opinion made donations to the victims of VVF.
- That in 2008 I was invited by means of The United international locations and the government of Liberia to participate within the anti-rape marketing campaign, stop Rape and the Liberia Fistula venture.
- That through my non-governmental enterprise, The prolonged hands groundwork and our numerous partners, over 150 ladies and younger girls throughout the u . s . have successfully undergone reconstructive surgical treatment and have long gone on to reside wholesome gratifying lives free of the stigmatization and the sheer pain and ache that includes VVF.
- That I registered the script for my movie ‘DRY’ with the us Copyright office on November twenty eighth, 2011.
- That I registered the script for my film ‘DRY’ with The Nigerian Copyright fee on July 27th, 2012.
- That my movie ‘DRY’ was once shot in the months of August and September, 2012 in Nigeria.
- That the unofficial trailer for ‘DRY’ was launched to lend my voice in support of the ‘kid no longer Bride’ campaign.
- That Ms. pleasure Ndidi’s first ever contact with me was once in 2013 (DRY used to be already a finished venture right now) and it used to be now not except June 2013 that she was once officially engaged to provide content and ad-placement for my non-public blog, ‘The Stephanie daily’ for all of six (6) months and this she did from the relief of her home.
- That the so referred to as “authentic literary work” of the Daniella Madudu, I was presupposed to have appropriated in my film has by no means been registered at the Nigerian Copyright commission even as we talk.
These are easily verifiable facts that any half of-hearted try at investigative and accountable journalism would have became up if indeed uncovering the reality for the good thing about the public used to be the main intent at the back of the malicious newsletter.
it is truly a sorry cross we’ve got come to as society when all it takes to spoil an individual’s recognition overnight is the spewing forth of mere accusations just because he or she occurs to be in the public eye.
I select to speak out and handle this vice that has become the norm in our society and the acceptable usual of modern day “journalism”. We used to be better than this as a folks; my prayer is that we nonetheless are.
DRY is more than just a film; it’s a righteous lead to for voiceless girls and younger women who have suffered the most debilitating roughly emotional and physical abuse, and somebody who seeks to denigrate this painful sacrifice with a smear campaign, with the intent to make achieve or appeal to low-cost publicity, merely lacks wisdom.
I wish to take this opportunity to thank all people who have shown wonderful fortify and spoken up these earlier few days to end these phrases the same approach it began.
“An error does not grow to be actuality on account of multiplied propagation, nor does the reality become error because nobody sees it.
truth stands, even supposing there be no public enhance. it is self-sustained.” Mahatma Gandhi
The put up Stephanie Linus Debunks Copyright Infringement Allegations With powerful commentary regarded first on Nigerian famous person information + newest entertainment information.