Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke, has disclosed why he is no longer seen in many Nigerian films.
The Nollywood lover boy said he has not appeared in any movie recently because most movie producers could no longer afford his fees.
Speaking in an interview with NET, he said “I have not been away, it is the producers who cannot afford me. So, I know my worth.
“But I have been busy creating opportunities and jobs for Nigerian youths so that we all can live better lives.”
On the reports that the recent actors lacked creativity and talent, Iyke said, “It is wrong to say today’s artists lack productivity and talent. When the likes of Ramsey Nuoah, Emeka Ike and I were acting, that was what was said about us as well, but I did not let it bother me. We learnt on the job and we got better with time. So, I think they will also get better with time.”
- Uti Nwachukwu: Actor says Nollywood producers can’t afford to pay what he wants to earn
- Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke has just defined the word ‘STYLE’ the way he understands it and it’s a beautifully worded and intelligently written piece. Read below… Whether I’m rocking an overpriced jacket on the streets of champs elysees or rocking rubber flip flops soaking up the adulation of the street in the slums of kibera, it matters none. Unshaven for weeks with morning breathe rocking a palm oil stained old tee telling bad jokes with my sisters in my man cave or well groomed in handmade rare leather loafers makes no difference. It changes nothing. I am the confluence of global cultural diversity. I’ve meticulously and resiliently self tutored its complexity into my DNA by trial and error. The originality is singular only the substance is duplicable. God tailored my entirety for one entity; ME. It’s a comprise far from not only what you wear. It is how you think. Your principles. Your choices; costs and effects. Your idiosyncrasy. It’s in the roots imbibed by the man that sired you and men that mentored you. Everything else around me is an Accessory. I am the essence. I give it life. No brand, address, tribe, race, religion, creed, or ideology can define me. God created me this way eternities before my birth. I cannot pretend to be anything else even if I wanted to. I’ve tried and failed woefully in the past. I am ridiculously comfortable and apt being me. Rules become inapplicable, even redundant. It’s an attitude. A way of life. Perception is the window. It’s orchestrated conditioning to misinform you by disinforming you. Find your purpose and be informed. It is your open weapon. I know people with $100 dollars budget walk into a room and everything stand still. I’ve seen people with $100k budget that make it look like a painful process and what is more cant hold a convo with a smart 8 year old. It can’t be bought. It is and will always be priceless. Once you’ve figured out this truth, you will strive for a reach beyond your grasp. A consciousness and profound understanding of self. It is the mastery of your space. Your individuality. Your flair. It’s in all of us whether dormant or dominant. Find it. Train it. Fail it. Win it. Own it. Ostracize it. This is STYLE. This is how I understand it. Now how friggin DOPE is that!
- “TB Joshua Took Advantage of Me” – Jim Iyke
- Jim Iyke: Actor says ban of A-List actors in 2004 caused a decline in the general prosperity of Nollywood
- Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke reveals his true love