Nollywood star actor, Jim Iyke, has revealed the woman he had his best relationship with.
The actor has been linked with several women but in a chat with Punch, the actor revealed that his relationship with the love of his life never made it to the pages of the newspaper.
Iyke said the best woman he ever had was not Nigerian but from Barbados.
He said that although they were in love with each other, the relationship ended because the lady wanted marriage when he was not ready to settle down.
Iyke said, “Compatibility and love are not enough to tie the knot. I have been in love before and the truth is that one of my best relationships never made it to the pages of the newspaper.
“She was a girl from Barbados, she was a very special girl and we were together for one and a half years but I actually lost her. There was something she wanted me to do but I could not at that point in my life because I was a little bit too crazy, hung up on fame and indecisive about life.
“She decided to make a decision for both of us by insisting I put a ring on her fingers. She wanted me to make that move or move on so that I didn ’t block the space for another man because I wasn’t ready.
“She moved on because she was that strong even though she suffered the consequence of not being with me for a while. By the time I realised that she was the love of my life and started backtracking, a more discerning man had taken over; that was what happened.
“By the time I got back, I realised she had another man and even though I wanted to find a backdoor into her heart , I was shocked to realise that the guy is a sharpshooter because she was already pregnant for him.”
- 5 things you should know about Yoruba actor, Yomi Gold
- Jim Iyke: Actor shares his most shocking experience in Nollywood
- Jim Iyke: Actor says ban of A-List actors in 2004 caused a decline in the general prosperity of Nollywood
- Nollywood Actor, Jim Iyke Goes Gucci Shopping In Paris
- Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke has just defined the word ‘STYLE’ the way he understands it and it’s a beautifully worded and intelligently written piece. Read below… Whether I’m rocking an overpriced jacket on the streets of champs elysees or rocking rubber flip flops soaking up the adulation of the street in the slums of kibera, it matters none. Unshaven for weeks with morning breathe rocking a palm oil stained old tee telling bad jokes with my sisters in my man cave or well groomed in handmade rare leather loafers makes no difference. It changes nothing. I am the confluence of global cultural diversity. I’ve meticulously and resiliently self tutored its complexity into my DNA by trial and error. The originality is singular only the substance is duplicable. God tailored my entirety for one entity; ME. It’s a comprise far from not only what you wear. It is how you think. Your principles. Your choices; costs and effects. Your idiosyncrasy. It’s in the roots imbibed by the man that sired you and men that mentored you. Everything else around me is an Accessory. I am the essence. I give it life. No brand, address, tribe, race, religion, creed, or ideology can define me. God created me this way eternities before my birth. I cannot pretend to be anything else even if I wanted to. I’ve tried and failed woefully in the past. I am ridiculously comfortable and apt being me. Rules become inapplicable, even redundant. It’s an attitude. A way of life. Perception is the window. It’s orchestrated conditioning to misinform you by disinforming you. Find your purpose and be informed. It is your open weapon. I know people with $100 dollars budget walk into a room and everything stand still. I’ve seen people with $100k budget that make it look like a painful process and what is more cant hold a convo with a smart 8 year old. It can’t be bought. It is and will always be priceless. Once you’ve figured out this truth, you will strive for a reach beyond your grasp. A consciousness and profound understanding of self. It is the mastery of your space. Your individuality. Your flair. It’s in all of us whether dormant or dominant. Find it. Train it. Fail it. Win it. Own it. Ostracize it. This is STYLE. This is how I understand it. Now how friggin DOPE is that!