Michelle Heaton shares horror as she almost burns house down after sun reflected off her mirror sparks fire

Posted on Sep 27 2018 - 9:55am by admin

Michelle Heaton shared pictures of her house fire on social mediaMichelle Heaton shared pictures of her house fire on social media [Instagram/ Michelle Heaton]

Michelle Heaton revealed her house almost burnt down on Sunday after the sun sparked off a mirror and caused a fire. 

The 39 year old Liberty X singer took to social media to tell fans how lucky she was not to have suffered more damage to her property following the blaze, which she caught before it destroyed her property. 

Shearing a collage of pictures of her house after the fire, she wrote to her 188,000 followers, Michelle wrote: “Oh god let this be a lesson to us all! I just got home and could smell burning from upstairs ..

Michelle HeatonMichelle Heaton used the damage as a warning to fans [Wenn]

“My vanity mirror I use everyday and leave everyday on my dresser must have been in direct sun light and it’s burnt and melted my window frame with the reflection of the sun ..

Top Stories

“So so lucky I came home when I did .. god knows what could have happened!” 

Michelle, who is married to Hugh Hanley, shares her home with six year old daughter Faith and son Arthur, aged four. 

Pride Of Birmingham Awards 2018 - Red Carpet ArrivalsMichelle Heaton claimed she was so lucky not to have had more damage [Getty]

The singer isn’t the only star to have a house fire recently, as Katie Price’s £2 million property also reportedly went up in flames in September after some candles set a rug on fire. 

It is claimed that the fire, which began in five year old son Jett Hayler’s bedroom, was started by cheap candles that the 40 year old uses to cut down on electricity bills.

Katie’s stepdad, Paul, was luckily on hand to put the fire out without having to call out the fire brigade.

Katie Price has entered rehab for a 28-day stintKatie Price’s mansion recently had a fire too [Getty]

Katie Price houseKatie Price’s house went up in flames due to ‘cheap candles’[Instagram]

A source previously told The Sun Online: “The fire started in Jett’s bedroom, which is on the first floor, and quickly spread throughout the room.”

“The fire started from her using candles to save on electricity. She’s been telling people it’s for ambience and since coming back from Spain she’s become more bohemian. But it’s because she can’t afford her electricity bill!”

They added: “She spent £100 on candles for all her rooms, each one with an average burning time of eight hours so she was well chuffed with her first step to saving… until it went very badly wrong.”

Leave A Response