Manchester City are not just setting the pace in the Premier League title race but also on Monday beat their rivals to become the first EPL club to reach a million YouTube subscribers.
The club — who lead city rivals Manchester United by five points after last weekend’s matches– celebrated the landmark with a series of videos including one from Ivory Coast icon Yaya Toure.
In it the 34-year-old midfielder unwraps a parcel addressed to him which inside has the framed dedication from YouTube congratulating City on the million mark.
“We’re fiercely passionate about not treating YouTube as just a video hosting platform but a way we can listen to our fans on a daily basis, said Michael Russell, Head of City TV and Social Media, in a statement.
“Reaching one million YouTube subscribers is a huge milestone for us and we will continue to work hard to produce videos that fans can be proud of!”
Tomos Grace, YouTube Head of Sport, for Europe and the Middle East (EMEA) said City’s Youtube channel was as slick as their team was playing on the pitch at the moment.
“Manchester City run an exemplary YouTube channel which combines the creativity of (Kevin) De Bruyne, the execution of (Sergio) Aguero and the intelligence of (Pep) Guardiola,” he said.
“They understand what works on YouTube and have used the platform brilliantly to build a young, engaged and global fan base.”
City’s most famous YouTube videos include players taking on the Harlem Shake (9.2million views), Dude Perfect teaming up with Manchester City Legends in an epic Bubble Football Battle (5.2million views) and Pep’s Taxi with superfan Braydon Bent (2.2million views).
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
- EPL: John Terry reveals club that would end Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City unbeaten run
- Aguero record goal as Man City reach last 16
- Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke has just defined the word ‘STYLE’ the way he understands it and it’s a beautifully worded and intelligently written piece. Read below… Whether I’m rocking an overpriced jacket on the streets of champs elysees or rocking rubber flip flops soaking up the adulation of the street in the slums of kibera, it matters none. Unshaven for weeks with morning breathe rocking a palm oil stained old tee telling bad jokes with my sisters in my man cave or well groomed in handmade rare leather loafers makes no difference. It changes nothing. I am the confluence of global cultural diversity. I’ve meticulously and resiliently self tutored its complexity into my DNA by trial and error. The originality is singular only the substance is duplicable. God tailored my entirety for one entity; ME. It’s a comprise far from not only what you wear. It is how you think. Your principles. Your choices; costs and effects. Your idiosyncrasy. It’s in the roots imbibed by the man that sired you and men that mentored you. Everything else around me is an Accessory. I am the essence. I give it life. No brand, address, tribe, race, religion, creed, or ideology can define me. God created me this way eternities before my birth. I cannot pretend to be anything else even if I wanted to. I’ve tried and failed woefully in the past. I am ridiculously comfortable and apt being me. Rules become inapplicable, even redundant. It’s an attitude. A way of life. Perception is the window. It’s orchestrated conditioning to misinform you by disinforming you. Find your purpose and be informed. It is your open weapon. I know people with $100 dollars budget walk into a room and everything stand still. I’ve seen people with $100k budget that make it look like a painful process and what is more cant hold a convo with a smart 8 year old. It can’t be bought. It is and will always be priceless. Once you’ve figured out this truth, you will strive for a reach beyond your grasp. A consciousness and profound understanding of self. It is the mastery of your space. Your individuality. Your flair. It’s in all of us whether dormant or dominant. Find it. Train it. Fail it. Win it. Own it. Ostracize it. This is STYLE. This is how I understand it. Now how friggin DOPE is that!
- Manchester City: Premier League club banned from signing academy players
- Chelsea vs Manchester City: Etihad club releases statement on Aguero’s car crash