Kerry Katona has defended airport drinking [Getty]
Kerry Katona has slammed plans for an airport drinking ban which will see British holidaymakers unable to drink alcohol before 10am.
The 38 year old has defended 24/7 drinking in airports after being caught rolling around the floor drunk outside Gran Canaria Airport in 2016.
Taking part in a debate on Friday morning’s Good Morning Britain, the I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! winner laughed off her former actions, maintaining that nobody got hurt by her drinking.
Kerry discussed the proposed ban on Good Morning Britain [ITV]
The Home Office is planning to review UK airport licensing laws, which could lead to alcohol sales being banned before 10am to cut down on drunk behaviour on flights.
Sales of miniature alcohol products from duty-free shops within airports could also be stopped to prevent passengers from smuggling them on to planes.
Newly single Kerry told Richard Madeley, Kate Garraway and Charlotte Hawkins: “No one was harmed in the making of that video, apart from my pride and dignity.
Kerry made headlines after being seen drunk outside Gran Canaria airport in 2016 [SWNS]
Kerry maintained that nobody got hurt during her time at the airport [SWNS]
“I had just split up from my husband and hadn’t had a drink in eight months.”
Continuing to defend her actions as she debated with Nina Myskow, Kerry said: “I had one too many, but I wasn’t aggressive.”
After blasting the Government for “ruining people’s fun,” she added: “I don’t think anyone really should be drinking before 10 in the morning, I think you’d have serious issues if you did.
Kerry says she simply “had one too many” [SWNS]
“But I think when you go to the airport, that’s when your holiday starts and I think it’s down to the ground staff and the bartenders not to serve anyone who is drunk.
“It’s already the law not to serve people who are already drunk, just enforce that. Don’t ruin the fun for everyone else.”
Speaking about the footage of her drunk outside the Spanish airport at the time, Kerry told new! magazine: “I don’t feel I have to justify myself to anybody. I’ve done nothing wrong whatsoever. I was off on a short break, without my children, for the first time in God knows how long. I’m a really nervous flyer, it was four in the morning and we hit the champagne bar.
“I’m entitled to let my hair down once in a while. I’ve had a f**king s****y year and I don’t feel like I should have to apologise to anyone. I catch some rays on the tarmac and suddenly I’ve fallen off the wagon! Please.”
- Kerry Katona reveals identity of new boyfriend as she confirms she is ‘officially spoken for’ after nine months of being single
- Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke has just defined the word ‘STYLE’ the way he understands it and it’s a beautifully worded and intelligently written piece. Read below… Whether I’m rocking an overpriced jacket on the streets of champs elysees or rocking rubber flip flops soaking up the adulation of the street in the slums of kibera, it matters none. Unshaven for weeks with morning breathe rocking a palm oil stained old tee telling bad jokes with my sisters in my man cave or well groomed in handmade rare leather loafers makes no difference. It changes nothing. I am the confluence of global cultural diversity. I’ve meticulously and resiliently self tutored its complexity into my DNA by trial and error. The originality is singular only the substance is duplicable. God tailored my entirety for one entity; ME. It’s a comprise far from not only what you wear. It is how you think. Your principles. Your choices; costs and effects. Your idiosyncrasy. It’s in the roots imbibed by the man that sired you and men that mentored you. Everything else around me is an Accessory. I am the essence. I give it life. No brand, address, tribe, race, religion, creed, or ideology can define me. God created me this way eternities before my birth. I cannot pretend to be anything else even if I wanted to. I’ve tried and failed woefully in the past. I am ridiculously comfortable and apt being me. Rules become inapplicable, even redundant. It’s an attitude. A way of life. Perception is the window. It’s orchestrated conditioning to misinform you by disinforming you. Find your purpose and be informed. It is your open weapon. I know people with $100 dollars budget walk into a room and everything stand still. I’ve seen people with $100k budget that make it look like a painful process and what is more cant hold a convo with a smart 8 year old. It can’t be bought. It is and will always be priceless. Once you’ve figured out this truth, you will strive for a reach beyond your grasp. A consciousness and profound understanding of self. It is the mastery of your space. Your individuality. Your flair. It’s in all of us whether dormant or dominant. Find it. Train it. Fail it. Win it. Own it. Ostracize it. This is STYLE. This is how I understand it. Now how friggin DOPE is that!
- Kerry Katona shares horror as car is vandalised and windscreen smashed in leaving her children 'scared to death'
- Kerry Katona shares picture of herself 'getting a new a**e' as she undergoes non-surgical bum lift
- Kerry Katona cosies up to new boyfriend Ryan Mahoney as they enjoy roast dinner with her children