Real Madrid star, Cristiano Ronaldo has hit back at his critics after winning another individual award.
Ronaldo was named the best Portuguese player of 2017 on Monday.
The 33-year-old beat the likes of Rui Patricio, Sporting CP goalkeeper, and Bernardo Silva, Manchester City forward to claimed the award.
The five-times Ballon d’Or winner, who has picked form lately this campaign, dismissed his critics.
Speaking after receiving the award, Ronaldo said: “I am grateful for this award to all those who are here,” he said.
“It is also an award for all my colleagues — 2017 was an excellent year, unforgettable both collectively and individually.
“I also won my fifth Ballon d’Or and my second The Best award. I also dedicate it to my four children. That’s another record — three children in three months.
“We have to defend what is ours because there is always a Portuguese in the fight.
“I always believe and say that I am the best, whatever they say, and then I show it in the field. We are in the fight year after year,” he said.
Ronaldo scored 42 goals in 46 games in all competitions in 2016-17, while he has 37 in 35 so far this season.
He scored four times in a 6-3 win over Girona on Sunday, marking the 50th hat-trick of his career for club and country.