Foremost Yoruba actor, Abdurasak Adewale Sokoti has commended Nollywood actress Funke Akindele-Bello for her selection as a member of the cast in Hollywood movie ‘Avengers’
Sokoti, a former deputy governor, Lagos state chapter of Association of National Theater Arts Practitioners (ANTP), in a statement made available to DAILY POST on Thursday stated that Funke Akindele’s unprecedented feat in the industry will take Nollywood globally.
He said, ”Again this latest milestone, in my view will serve as a concrete visual representation of Nigeria’s greatness and a positive outcome of hard work by one of us in Nollyhood that Nigerian film makers have similar qualities if not better qualities than their peers in the Western world, despite the country’s prevailing challenges.
”Funke Akindele has proved another point to the world, not just to Nigerians that she is a thorough bred, who can demonstrate competence and capacity in the movie business at the global scene. I am indeed proud of her previous and current achievements. Her efforts to unlock all barriers undermining Nigeria’s journey to destination at the global front must be celebrated and largely applauded. I am sure Nigerians can’t wait to see our Funke on the big screen when the movie premieres in May, 2018.”
Recall that Funke Akindele, on Thursday was published on popular movie review website, IMDB, as a member of Dora Milaje, a team of women who serve as personal bodyguards of the Black Panther, the spiritual leader of Wakanda.
The actress will star alongside international movie stars – Robert Downey Jr and Chris Hemsworth, in Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity Wars.
- Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele to star in ‘Avengers: Infinity Wars’
- 7 Things You Should Know About Nollywood Actor, Seun Akindele
- Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke has just defined the word ‘STYLE’ the way he understands it and it’s a beautifully worded and intelligently written piece. Read below… Whether I’m rocking an overpriced jacket on the streets of champs elysees or rocking rubber flip flops soaking up the adulation of the street in the slums of kibera, it matters none. Unshaven for weeks with morning breathe rocking a palm oil stained old tee telling bad jokes with my sisters in my man cave or well groomed in handmade rare leather loafers makes no difference. It changes nothing. I am the confluence of global cultural diversity. I’ve meticulously and resiliently self tutored its complexity into my DNA by trial and error. The originality is singular only the substance is duplicable. God tailored my entirety for one entity; ME. It’s a comprise far from not only what you wear. It is how you think. Your principles. Your choices; costs and effects. Your idiosyncrasy. It’s in the roots imbibed by the man that sired you and men that mentored you. Everything else around me is an Accessory. I am the essence. I give it life. No brand, address, tribe, race, religion, creed, or ideology can define me. God created me this way eternities before my birth. I cannot pretend to be anything else even if I wanted to. I’ve tried and failed woefully in the past. I am ridiculously comfortable and apt being me. Rules become inapplicable, even redundant. It’s an attitude. A way of life. Perception is the window. It’s orchestrated conditioning to misinform you by disinforming you. Find your purpose and be informed. It is your open weapon. I know people with $100 dollars budget walk into a room and everything stand still. I’ve seen people with $100k budget that make it look like a painful process and what is more cant hold a convo with a smart 8 year old. It can’t be bought. It is and will always be priceless. Once you’ve figured out this truth, you will strive for a reach beyond your grasp. A consciousness and profound understanding of self. It is the mastery of your space. Your individuality. Your flair. It’s in all of us whether dormant or dominant. Find it. Train it. Fail it. Win it. Own it. Ostracize it. This is STYLE. This is how I understand it. Now how friggin DOPE is that!
- Funke Akindele: Nigerians react to actress' Hollywood debut in “Avengers: Infinity War”
- Funke Akindele: Why actress' appearance in “Avengers: Infinity War” is a big deal