It has been 18 years since a beautiful maid, Fina and her wealthy boss, Richard, fell in love on our screens in “Final Whistle.”
Here are five things we remember about the movie.
1. “Final Whistle” explores the rich guy poor guy trope. It tells the story of a rich man, who falls in love with his mother’s maid.
2. In the movie, Richard who just returned from London is often rude to his mother’s employees. Everything changed after he heard one of the maids, Fina, perform a rendition of Whitney Houston’s “Greatest Love of All.“
3. He decides to hire her as his partner for a duet. Over the course of rehearsals, the two fall in love with each other.
And as you would expect from any movie with this premise, Richard’s mother opposes a relationship between her only son and a maid.
4. One of the most memorable parts of the movie was the official soundtrack, which was first performed by the couple.
5. Directed by Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi, “Final Whistle” was produced by Christian Ndulue. The movie featured Bukky Ajayi as Richard’s mother, Mrs Morgan. Rita Nwankwo, who had featured in movies such as “Armageddon King” and “Love and Politics,’ as Fina.
Saint Obi starred as Richard Morgan. It also starred Funke Akindele and Paddy Agu as Fina’s co-workers in the Morgan mansion, Angela and Grace, respectively.
“Final Whistle” was an interesting watch a decade ago, but could the movie be made and enjoyed today?