Former Minister of health and the chief Director of the United countries Populations Fund, UNFPA, Babatunde Osotimehin, died within the early hours of Monday, June 5.
Stargist.com items 7 information concerning the former head of Nigeria’s aids agency.
1 He was once born on February 6, 1949.
2. He attended Igbobi school between 1966 and 1971. After his medical studies at college of Ibadan, he got a doctorate in medicine from the university of Birmingham, uk, in 1979.
3. Babatunde was awarded the Nigerian national honour, Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON), December 2005
four. Babatunde Osotimehin used to be appointed Minister of health on 17 December 2008. all the way through his tenure, he united all 36 states to build a national health plan considering main health care.
5. He used to be appointed the fourth govt Director of UNFPA in November 2010 and was once reappointed in August 2014.
6. Dr. Osotimehin was the Director-common of the Nigerian nationwide company for the control of AIDS, an company that coordinates all HIV and AIDS work in a country with more than 150 million individuals.
7. He was once also a former Provost of the faculty of medicine on the college of Ibadan.
8. Babatunde Osotimehin, handed on whereas gazing television by myself in his home in big apple on Monday fifth June.
The post Ex health Minister, Babatunde Osotimehin Is dead: listed here are 7 stuff you will have to learn about Him seemed first on Nigerian famous person news + newest leisure information.