[Photo by C Flanigan/Getty Images]
Former Disney Channel star Demi Lovato was hospitalised on 24 July after being found unconscious at her Hollywood home.
It has been reported since she left hospital for rehab that the incident was caused by oxycodone “laced with fentanyl.”
It’s now claimed that Sober singer Demi, 26, has suffered damage to her powerful voice as a result of her overdose.
[Photo by Paul Morigi/Getty Images for March For Our Lives]
A source exclusively told OK! Online: “After Demi suffered her overdose, there was a substantial amount of damage done to her voice.
“Damage has been done to her voice and her vocal strength.
“She will recover and be back to the singer we know and love, but at she will need some care to assist with her voice.
[Photo by Pedro Gomes/Redferns]
“Obviously when a person’s body goes through the kind of trauma that Demi’s did, it’s a real shock to the body.”
OK! Online has contacted a representative for Demi for comment.
It comes as Demi’s mother Dianna De La Garza has opened up on her famous daughter’s overdose for the first time.
[Instagram/Dianna De La Garza]
Demi’s 56 year old mum has now broken her silence, admitting that she didn’t know if her daughter would live or die for two days.
Speaking to Newsmax TV, Dianna said: “We just didn’t know for two days if she was going to make it or not.
“I was very concerned, and I was trying to be strong for her and for her sisters and for my family back home.
[Instagram/ Demi Lovato]
“I just feel like the reason she’s alive today is because of the millions of prayers that went up that day… I couldn’t have asked for a better team of people to save her life.”
Speaking about her reaction to hearing that he daughter had overdosed, the mum of three continued: “We ran into the emergency room to be by her side, and she just didn’t look good, at all.
“She was in bad shape, but I said to her, ‘Demi, I’m here. I love you.’ At that point, she said back to me, ‘I love you too.’ From that point on, I never allowed myself to ever think that things weren’t going to be OK.”