Singer Demi Lovato is “awake and surrounded by family” following a suspected drug overdose on Tuesday.
The Disney star, who was initially believed to have suffered a heroin overdose before friends denied the claims, opened up about her past problems with drugs only a few months ago.
The 25-year-old eerily revealed how she “nearly died” in her YouTube documentary, Simply Complicated, which was released in November 2017.
Speaking to the camera, the pop star said: “There was one night when I used a bunch of coke and I popped a few [prescription] Xanax bars, and I began to choke a little bit.
“My heart started racing, and I thought to myself, ‘Oh my god, I might be overdosing right now.’”
Opening up on her addiction, Demi added: “I wasn’t working my programme, I wasn’t ready to get sober. I was sneaking cocaine on planes. I was sneaking it in bathrooms, sneaking it throughout the night.
Demi’s ex Joe Jonas shares an emotional message in support of the singer [Getty]
[Instagram/Demi Lovato ]
“I went on a bender of like, two months where I was using daily.”
It comes after a representative for the Sorry Not Sorry singer released a statement after she was reportedly found unconscious at her Hollywood Hills home.
Speaking to Variety, they said: “Demi is awake and with her family who want to express thanks to everyone for the love, prayers, and support.
“Some of the information being reported is incorrect and they respectfully ask for privacy and not speculation as her health and recovery is the most important thing right now.”
While initial reports suggested the Disney favourite had overdosed on heroin, friends close to the star have denied that she took the drug.
Demi revealed earlier this year that she had relapsed after six years by sharing a song titled Sober, in which she reveals she’s still battling addiction.